Gisborne District Council is working together with our communities to make our aspirations happen. Tairawhiti is the first place to see the light and we’re working to transform our region to be the first choice for people and lifestyle, the first place for environment, economy and culture.We have a unique opportunity available for a self-motivated team player to join the Cemeteries Team.
We have a unique opportunity available for a self-motivated team player to join the Cemeteries Team. This varied role will assist in the management and operations, primarily based at the Taruheru cemetery but also servicing Council’s 11 other cemeteries across the region. Ideally you will have previous sexton and general maintenance experience across a variety of disciplines.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- to be physically fit and able bodied
- experience with equipment and machinery and its maintenance and operation
- to uphold all Bylaw requirements pertaining to the operation of the Cemeteries
- knowledge of burial practice and procedures
- strong customer service skills
- the ability to work under pressure and handle stressful and sensitive situations
- effective communication and empathy skills
- flexible with working arrangements, rostered weekend work required
- a strong focus on tikanga maori
- hold and maintain a current drivers licence
Our ideal candidates will be highly motivated team players who are well organised and dedicated to providing excellent service and quality outcomes for our Community. You will be part of a small team, so attitude and willingness to go the distance when required will be key.
In return, we offer you a rare and rewarding career opportunity in a forward thinking workplace where you can truly make a contribution to the future of the Tairawhiti region. Our climate, lifestyle and environment has put our District on the map and we are in an exciting period of growth and development. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Please visit our website or contact Kelvin Tamihere for further information.
Cemeteries in our district
Advertiser location click to view google map
|Ad #: 20617 Posted: Mon 08 Jul 2019 Updated: Mon 08 Jul 2019|