Gisborne District Council is working together with our communities to make our aspirations happen. Tairawhiti is the first place to see the light and we’re working to transform our region to be the first choice for people and lifestyle, the first place for environment, economy and culture.
The Tairawhiti region is undergoing transformation. Our population and economy is growing, which is bringing interesting and diverse new challenges to our organisation and the Amenity and Horticulture Team.
The purpose of this position is to support the Amenity and Horticulture Leader in the delivery of the high amenity garden activity by assisting with specialist non-horticultural operations, including traffic management and health and safety management processes for the amenity horticulture team. The position also supports the delivery of the activity by supervising work by staff and/or causal staff from time to time, as well as performing a variety of general maintenance planting, gardening, improvement and cleaning activities of a manual labouring nature.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Sound knowledge of plant and flower species suitable for the Gisborne climate
- Level 1 Site Traffic Management Supervisor
- Growsafe accreditation
- Tertiary qualification in amenity horticulture, landscape architecture or nursery production such as a National Certification in Horticulture to Level 2 or higher
- Willingness to work towards obtaining a National Certificate in Horticulture to Level 2 or 4 as appropriate
- Experience in the successful maintenance of high amenity gardens
- Experience in coordinating team operations, including health and safety systems and processes, and traffic management supervision
- Experience in working in small independent teams
- Experience with working in environments such as roads and public places that may be isolated or hazardous.
Please visit our website or contact De-Arne Sutherland for further information.
Applications Close: 10am, Wednesday 2nd October 2019
|Company||Gisborne District Council|
|Company description||Gisborne District Council is working together with our communities to make our aspirations happen. Tairawhiti is the first place to see the light and we’re working to transform our region to be the first choice for people and lifestyle, the first place for environment, economy and culture.|
|Ad #: 20928 Posted: Wed 11 Sep 2019 Updated: Wed 11 Sep 2019|