Join NZ Fruits as we expand into the future!
Our client, NZ Fruits, is Gisborne’s leading and most versatile NZFPQA post-harvest facility, offering a HACCP based system that provides a high level product traceability and quality assurance.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a suitable person, with excellent computer/IT experience, to learn new technologies and gain a career within horticulture. These skills are essential to operate our new Compaq blemish and sizer machine at our post- harvest Gisborne site.
Previous experience with electronic fruit sorting equipment and a strong knowledge of the postharvest industry and kiwifruit grade standards is preferable. Full training on this technology will be provided for the successful candidate.
This full time permanent role, will be responsible for:
• The operation of a Compaq sizer and software – Compaq V10 & Spectrim C2IR
• Monitoring fruit quality to deliver a consistent flow of product
• Initiating line and market changes on instruction from management
• Ensuring accurate and timely reporting/data entry on a daily basis
• Daily calibrations, maintenance and cleaning of sizers
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
• Is smart! - Quickly understands and communicates technical concepts
• Excellent planning & organisation skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritise workload
• Solve problems with a logical mind
• Work within a changing environment
• A strong customer focus
• Ability to instil confidence in individuals and groups
• Excellent communication skills
• High level of computer proficiency
NZ Fruits is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test. A competitive salary will be paid.
To be considered for this position please apply via Qjumpers, attaching your CV, with a cover letter and completing the employment application form, through the following link: https://www.qjumpers.co.nz/job-seekers/Gisborne. Applications close on 7 March.
You need to be legally entitled to permanently work in NZ to be considered for this role.
|Ad #: 16814 Posted: Wed 21 Feb 2018 Updated: Wed 21 Feb 2018|